2.14.2014

Valentine Making Party

Happy Heart Day loves!

Have anything big planned for tonight?

Those of you who have read the blog for a while, know that Bryce and I like to keep Valentine's Day low key.  We'll cook a nice dinner, indulge in a sweet dessert, and relax by the fire.  I can't wait!

Tonight won't be the only Valentine's Day celebration I'll have this year, though.  Earlier this week on Tuesday night, I hosted a Valentine's party for a bunch of my girlfriends.  It was such a fun evening and I'm excited to be sharing it with y'all now!

The idea behind the party was that it would be your typical girls' night in.  You know the drill: good wine, yummy apps, and lots of gabbing.  With Valentine's Day coming up, though, I decided to add a valentine making station in our dining room.  I also put chairs out in the living room and my hope was that girls would grab chairs and move about as they pleased-- pulling chairs up to the table when they wanted to craft and taking them back in the living room for chitchatting, etc...



I had a lot of fun spending time on Pinterest searching for valentine ideas to display on this inspiration poster!

Because no girls' night is complete without yummy food and drink, I made some munchies and also a punch!

Brie Crostinis, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, and White Chocolate Covered Popcorn with M&Ms

The punch was SO easy and really tasty:  Pour about half of a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and a bottle of champagne over raspberry sherbet.  Add a  bag of partially thawed frozen strawberries to top it off!


I was so excited to use my heart straws from Michael's!

In addition to my existing Valentine's decor (post here), I also added these heart balloons that I found at the Dollar Tree!  I am smitten with them!



All in all, the night was a huge success, if you ask me!

Girls crafted...

And mingled...


Do you celebrate Valentine's Day with your girlfriends?

Did you make homemade valentines this year?

Have a fabulous Valentine's Day and great weekend!